Saturday, January 29, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!

20 Year Reunion June 2009
Amy turns 40 today.  I can't believe it.  I have known her for 26 years now and she just keeps getting better looking each year.

I am so proud of her for what she has been able to accomplish.  She is the mother of three of the greatest kids in the world and the wife of a sometimes (more often than not probably) inappreciative husband that I know tries her patience on many levels.  She works full time as a teacher, she is the Beehive advisor in our ward which takes her away from the home on a fairly regular basis.  She cooks, cleans, hugs, kisses, fixes boo boos, has girl chat with Hannah, goes to sporting events, helps with homework, organizes the finances, disciplines, does the laundry, and pretty much keeps us all in order.  HOW DOES SHE DO IT?    First of all she is a woman.  Women never cease to amaze me at what they are capable of.  Second, she comes from good stock.  Her mom is a great example of hard work and service.  And last but not least, she just works hard at everything she does. She is completely committed to her job, her family and anything she starts.

Amy, you are the very best.  I remember a long time ago writing something to you about growing old and wrinkly together.  Well, we are older, that's for sure.  The wrinkles are slowly starting to show (more on me than you) and our family is growing so fast I find myself searching for the break peddle.

Happy Birthday to you.  I can honestly say that you make my life enjoyable and because you are in it, I have an abundance of happiness.  Thanks for your support, your level headed common sense and practicality that often tempers me.  Thanks for always being steady and sure.  I love you will all of my heart.

Now that you are officially over the hill, don't think you can coast now though!  We are just getting started here!

Dog Patch Dance Jordan High 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment