Monday, December 27, 2010

Out With The Old, In With The Gently Used

I had lunch with a colleague the other day and he told me about a great Christmas gift he gives his wife each year.  She is an avid blogger... It's all about her family.  I ask myself, "what else is worthy of blogging about?".  At the end of the year, he puts together a hard bound book of everything she's posted.  It's a great way to make a history of your life.  So... here I am (and hopefully someone else out there.... Hellooooo! Echo, Echo, Echo).

2010 is coming to a close.  Although I am somewhat optimistic about the future, that optimism is guarded.  I am a little bitter about how guarded it is.  I want to abandon my cynicism and enter the new year recklessly abandoning any common sense about managing expectations.  But that's just not my style.  Actually, forget about style... I am not hardwired that way.  It's just not in me.  I have to weigh reality against ideal and my nerves hang in the balance.

Marriage is wonderful.  A beautiful wife of nearly 18 years and three awesome kids, and a mother-in-law in the basement.  It was a package deal I guess.  Much more to that story.  Another time maybe.

Stay tuned for what is most certainly going to be an average ride!

2 comments:

  1. Now THIS is going to be GOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darci, good may be a stretch. I would settle for completely average if I were you.

    ReplyDelete